General Practice and Specialists
As of the 25th June 2010 DHBs are no longer issuing Section 88 notices.
- Radiologists - Final claim date is the 31st August 2010 with all claims submitted by the 30th September 2010.
- Specialists - Final claim date is the 31st December 2010 with all claims submitted by the 31st January 2011.
- Anaesthetists - Final claim date is the 31st December 2010 with all claims submitted by the 31st January 2011.
- You will need to ensure that the Agreement No. and Payee No for the GP is correct when submitting the claims electronically.
- If the dates of service for the claims are within a 6-month period, you can check why the claims have been rejected with Sector Services Wellington on 0800 252 464.
- If the dates of service are OVER 6 months old, you will require DHB approval for the claims to be paid. All ‘Late Claims’ (over six months old) will need to be forwarded to the NRA with a cover letter explaining why claims are late.
When you join a PHO, your GP S88 Notice is automatically placed on ‘Hold’. You do not lose your GP S88 Notice as it can be re-activated upon leaving the PHO (as long as you maintained your GP S88 Notice BEFORE you joined the PHO and are still actively practicing at the same place). Under the PHO, all claims will be submitted using the PHO Agreement No. and Payee No. You will no longer use your GP S88 Notice to make claims.
If you do not have a GP S88 Notice but are part of a PHO, you can apply for a new payee number to claim FFS only. The application form to complete is on this website under Forms & Documents.
When you join a practice that is a member of a PHO, you will automatically be registered as a member of that specific PHO. The PHO membership lists are updated quarterly so the DHB and NRA will be notified of incoming and departing GPs to/from a PHO.
Provision of Oral Health Services (OHSA) for Adolescents – This service caters for adolescents from and including school year 9 and up to their 18th birthday.
Provision of Special Dental Services for Children and Adolescents (SDS) – This service caters to all children from birth to the end of year 8 who are enrolled with the Community Oral Health Service (COHS) who require referral to a contracting dentist for treatment outside the scope of a dental or oral health therapist, or who are unable in an emergency to access the COHS, and adolescents who do not have access to their regular oral health services provider.
A full list of dental providers catered to service adolescents can be found at
Application forms can be found in Forms & Documents.
Complete the application form and attach a deposit slip and dental registration certificate and forward to the Northern Regional Alliance, PO Box 112147, Penrose, Auckland 1642.
If you have a contracts related complaint, please write a detailed letter and forward to Contracts Administration, Northern Regional Alliance, PO Box 112147, Penrose, Auckland 1642. or email to email@example.com
For clinical queries for the Auckland Metro region, please contact Auckland Regional Dental Service (ARDS) on 09 8390565 or 0800 TALK TEETH
If you are selling or buying a pharmacy, you will need to contact Medsafe and NRA Contracts Administration to advise them of the changes to be made.
Application forms for a deed of assignment can be found in Forms & Documents
Application forms can be found in Forms & Documents
Complete the application form and attach a deposit slip and medafe license and forward to the Northern REgional Alliance, PO Box 112147, Penrose, Auckland, 1642 to process.
Put your request in writing (or email) and send to the Northern REgional Alliance (or email firstname.lastname@example.org). NDSA will action the process to add the service to your base agreement once a start date for the new variation has been provided and approved by the DHB. A new variation to your agreement will then be sent to you for signing. Click on this link to view the process and estimated timeframes – Generic Contract Process.
The extra services are listed below.
- PH1003 – Specials Foods
- PH1006 – Extending Methadone
- PH1007 – Pharmaceutical Review Services
- PH1008 – Clozapine
- PH1010 – Syringe Driver (Aseptic Pharmacy Services)
If you cannot wait for payment on the next due payment date and a one-off special payment is required on a non-scheduled payment date, you will need to contact the Northern Regional Alliance to action approval through your respective District Health Board.
You will need to submit the error report and details as to why payment was not paid as further investigation may need to be actioned by the NRA.
- You will need to ensure that the Agreement No. and Claimant No for the Pharmacy is correct when submitting the claims electronically.
- If the dates of service for the claims are within a 3-month period, you can check why the claims have been rejected with Sector Services Wanganui on 0800 353 2425
- If the dates of service are OVER 3 months old, you will require DHB approval for the claims to be paid. All ‘Late Claims’ (over three months old) will need to be forwarded to the NRA with a cover letter explaining why claims are late.