Regional Decision Support Team
Regional Decision Support work is undertaken to support DHBs in regional health planning and workforce development functions. In addition to delivering established work for regional health planning and DHBs' funding and planning responsibilities, the scope of work for the team has broadened in the recent year to assist the wider role for which NRA has responsibility.
The technical/analytical skill mix available in the NRA includes business, database management, financial, spatial and statistical analyses. The NRA will continue to develop capability to assist the DHBs in the collection, collation, analysis and communication of information required for regional funding and planning activities.
Key responsibilities include
- Delivery of quality and timely reporting for Northern Region Health Plan that meets the requirements of the Ministry of Health, the region and individual clinical networks in relation to KPIs/Service Planning (modelling) and other MoH requirements
- Produce a range of regular reports, the content of which has been developed and agreed regionally. These reports include PHO, pharmaceuticals, laboratory, migrant health, oral health, health of older people and LTS CHC
- Management of large datasets on behalf of the region including, but not limited to, health of older people services, PHO (enrolment and general medical subsidy), oral health, community pharmaceutical, community laboratory, hospital inpatient and non-admitted patients collection, cancer registry, cancer services and other services as required
- Adding value to core regional activities such as funding, service planning, contract negotiation with robust modelling, and reliable information management and reporting tools, particularly around primary care, health of older people and community referred services
- Conducting demographic and geospatial analysis to support regional initiatives around service planning. This includes contracting processes, regional service planning, PHO development and other regional projects undertaken by NRA